Surprised? Soup without heating? Yes. Foods retain most nutrition until they are just about warm. And without direct heat. We will use this concept for our recipe.
Equipment – A high speed blender is highly desirable in this case to ensure the soup is smooth and creamy. However you can use regular blender as well. Just be aware it won’t be so creamy.
- Slice one small tomato into half inch cubes and set aside. We will use this at the end.
- Optional: froth up some cashew milk with a frother and set aside
- Add these to high speed blender
- Sea Salt
- Tomato quarters
- A clove of garlic, if you like. I do not consume garlic so skipping.
- If you have in stock, some sun dried tomatoes
- Starting with low, process the ingredients in the blender at high speed, until the jar is lightly warm. This should take about two minutes.
- Pour the contents into a serving bowl
- Add the sliced tomato cubes into the bowls
- And if you had made cashew milk froth, you may add some of this as topping.
Serve immediately while it is warm.
When to consume – Soups are best enjoyed when they are warm. So this should be consumed immediately as part of your dinner or breakfast.
Shelf Storage – This recipe is not designed for storage. So I do not recommend storing and re-heating. If you re-heat and consume although taste may be fine, it defeats the objective of having foods raw.
What is good-about-this?
- Good for eyes and skin
- Immunity – vitamin C and Antioxidents
- Digestion – fiber
- Diabetes Control – fiber
Very taste just like real tomato soup
Ingredients – Serves 4
Water – 1/2 cup
Cashews – 1/2 cup
Sea Salt – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Sun dried tomatoes – 4 pieces
Tomatoes (juicy) – 4
Cashew milk froth – 2 tbsp
You will have to try this to believe me. This does taste like a real soup. Just as a corn soup will be different from a tomato soup, so also this will be different from the heated tomato soup. But it is as delicious and more satisfying, and above all, nutritionally MUCH richer.
Try it out and let me know in comments if it came out right or if you have any questions.