- If you are in the mood for a spicy chaat that oozes your tongue
- If you are looking for a snack, that is healthy
- If you need something easy to make now
- If you hate using a gadget to make food
- If urgently need something to kill your hunger and feel satisfied
- And if you need want to keep hunger for few hours
- There is a catch though. I will come to it in a moment!
Then this recipe is for you. A fresh leaf and peanut based chaat that is filled with healthy nutrients that is very delicious too. Make it and share it with family.
Equipment – We do not need any equipment other than a knife and bowl.
- Soak some peanuts overnight. Ha Ha Ha. I said no preparation, right? Well, only if you had some soaked peanuts already. So avoid a situation as this, ensure you always have available some soaked peanuts and sprouts in fridge always. I will keep suggesting recipes as this in my channel.
- For this recipe today, I soaked half cup of peanuts overnight.
- Remove the water and cleanse the peanuts few times and let dry the peanuts fully. I had laid them on a paper for sometimes and stored in a bottle.
- Take the peanuts in a bowl
- Cut some green chillies into tiny pieces and add to the bowl
- Chop some coriander leaves tiny well to bring out the flavors
- Add some lemon juice
- Add a pinch of salt
- Sprinkle half a spoon of chia seeds. These will provide good crunch to the chaat.
When to consume – This snack is suggested consumption either in the morning as a breakfast or as an evening snack. Consuming this late night is not recommending due to high energy content, and fiber that will take long to digest.
Shelf Storage – the chaat mix can be stored in refrigerator for 2-3 days, but I recommend making and consuming immediately to retain most nutrients and to retain the taste fully.
What is good-about-this?
- Peanuts provide lot of energy
- Proteins in peanuts build muscle for gym goers
- Chia seed high in fiber help digestion
- All help lose weight, ultra rich nutrients
All-in-all nutritious, tasty evening snack
Ingredients – Serves 2
- Peanuts (before soaking) – 1/2 cup
- Green Chillies – 1 medium
- Coriander leaves – 1 bunch
- Lemons – 1
- Sea Salt – 1 pinch
- Chia (white) seeds – 1/2 tsp
This is a very tasty snack, at the same time healthy and makes the tummy full. Because of the good nutrients, despite high energy actually help lose weight. And by the way, soaked peanuts will have fats about half of roasted peanuts and chia seeds are proven to be very healthy. Make some and enjoy!
Let me know in comments, if you like this recipe and like to give it a try. Do ask questions if I didn’t mention anything you were looking for.